I thought I was ready for all the changes life was throwing my way! We closed the shop (March 10) and I was ready to jump right into custom invitations and stationery - cue Covid19. Life for everyone came to a screeching halt, along with all of my grand, post Laurel and May plans.
This year has been hard - maybe even the hardest I can remember, but I am so thankful for:
My people - they support me, celebrate the wins (big and small) and help me recover from any setbacks and face all the challenges that come my way.
My family - they don't always understand me, but they love me anyway!
New friends - I have met so many new people through virtual meetings and groups that I am spending more time with (online) and I think that is a really awesome thing that has resulted from this distanced time.
Who are you thankful for? How can you express that in a meaningful way through Covid distance?
- Send a card or note to say hello (of course I would recommend this one :))
- Send a care package - can be as easy as candy and silly games
- Call (don't text) and let them know you are thinking about them - even if you leave a voicemail. All people need to have human contact!
- Send them a book you read and love
- Order dinner for them through a delivery service
- Schedule a virtual coffee date to catch up
This is a hard time for everyone and your little thank you or check-in could really mean the world to someone. It doesn't have to be a grand gesture to make their day!